>

Friday, May 6, 2016

CIRCLE TREE

This week's challenge on Merry Monday is ombre and glitter.



After seeing several people using Clarity brushes for stenciling, I broke down and bought a set - they are a bit pricey, but oh my!! are they ever great and make blending a breeze - I'm loving them.  So since ombre was called for I had to try these out!  I used distress inks in twisted citron, mowed lawn, shabby shutters and peeled paint with the circle tree stencil.  Die cut my piece with a stitched rectangle and matted it with another stitched rectangle.  Die cut the sentiment and star and all the little circles from some glitter paper.  Added on Spectrum Noir glitter to all the green circles which gives it all a such a pretty sheen.  Popped it all up with foam tape and done!



Since there's plenty of"shine" I'm also entering this in Happy Little Stampers mixed media challenge.

Thanks for visiting today and love your kind comments.
 

18 comments:

  1. Darling ombre stenciled tree, Betty! Just love all the silver glitter too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly stunning Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - love it! Interesting brushes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the elegance of green and silver, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this so much, Betty! Awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Betty :-) I am intrigued about the brushes now (you enabler - lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of those brushes, but they must be wonderful as your tree came out perfect! Fun card, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, ombre Christmas tree, Betty! Love the shades of green you've used and the glittery accents! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so lovely Betty. (Been out of town awhile so I am catching up on the blog commenting.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning... love that tree. I never had heard about these brushes, but they look great

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your circle tree is so creative and fun! Amazing! Thanks so much for joining Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well those brushes sure made your tree look fabulous but I think it was more your talent than the brushed. Anyway, the color is fantastic...love the glittery dots, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, beautiful card Betty! I love the shades of green you used and how seamlessly they are blended. I will definitely have to check out those brushes you mentioned. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the first I'm hearing about these brushes, but I can see the effect is amazing! Such a beautiful card, and I love how you created the ombre effect on the circles! I'll bet it's very sparkly IRL, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it Betty! I bought a set of the Clarity brushes too, but I still managed to get marks and not the lovely, smooth blend everyone else seems to get! I think I must just be heavy handed! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the combination of green ombre and silver on your card, Betty! So so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Christmas tree. Thanks for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! The ombre Christmas tree is just fab! Thank you so much for joining us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge, hope to see you again next month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!