>

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

GILDED LILIES

This past week I received some new stamps from my friend Lisa Haines, who is selling many of her dies and stamps here at very good prices.  She is adding items all the time, so check it out often.  Many are unused and still in the package.  One of the sets was Altenew's Layered Lilies and I did a Pinterest search to get some ideas on how to use this set.  One of the ways was by Marika in this video.  I basically followed her technique of watercoloring, but since I'm no where near the talent she is, I kind of did my own thing in slightly different colors.  



The distress inks I used were pumice stone, victorian velvet and gathering twigs.  Instead of adding detail with colored pencils, I used my gold Kuretake watercolors and added strokes around the stamen and also spattered with the gold.  The sentiment was stamped with gold embossing powder - added a few sequins and done.

Thanks for visiting today - love your kind comments.

14 comments:

  1. Betty, that is so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo I love the sheer elegance of this and you know I'm a huge fan of splatters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so beautiful.... your flowers are stunning and elegant. Just love it

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty Betty. Love how you did your watercolouring. I have this set so you have inspired me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful Betty! A great card for weddings, anniversaries, engagements, or any special celebration, it is so chic! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Betty, this is GORGEOUS! You must have thought you hit the lottery when you saw this set on Lisa's blog :)
    I enlarged your photo to see your details, and you have done an amazing job watercoloring these beautiful lilies! I love how you added a touch of gold around the stamens and that you added some splatters...Really stunning work, and I'm sure Marika would be impressed, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, Betty! So soft and romantic with the gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes - Betty, this si absolutely beautiful! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So elegant & beautiful, Betty! Thanks for the tip about Lisa selling goodies--not that I "need" anything--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with watercolouring Betty. These lilies are gorgeous! I love the soft and delicate colours you've used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous lilies, Betty - just love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Betty - I am in awe of your watercolouring skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!