>

Thursday, October 15, 2015

PINK LEAVES

A Blog Named Hero has a challenge to use kraft, white and a touch of color.  



I cut the leaves from a piece of watercolored paper and popped them up on the woodland background. Created the background by brayering HA unicorn white ink on the embossing folder before running thru my CB.  It didn't come out as white as I wanted, but is actually quite nice and subtle.  Added the sentiment on HA black layering paper and a few sequins - done and dusted!  I am also entering this in A2Z Scrapbooking October challenge.

By the way, the leaves from my Japanese maple tree in my front yard actually do have a pinkish tinge when they change in the fall.

Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments.  Betty 

12 comments:

  1. Really lovely, Betty - how wonderful to use these pink leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely, Betty - how wonderful to use these pink leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Now I know, autumn leaves can be pink and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous card, Betty! I love the variation in colors you achieved on the leaves, and your woodland background is so pretty! I'll bet you had a nice mess to clean up on your embossing folder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic background. I love the subtle background.

    So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always Betty, you come up with such lovely card designs! I especially love the colors your used on the leaves in this one! So pretty !! Thanks so much for joining us and playing in our October Challenge at a2z Scrapbooking! We love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous Betty!! I really enjoy those leaves!! So glad you linked up at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, what a gorgeous card! I love that background! So glad you shared it with us at a2z

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty! I like those trees and the leaves look super scattered on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, Betty, this is just so lovely! glad to see it at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this one Betty. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at A2Z.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, thanks for joining a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!