>

Saturday, October 11, 2014

AUTUMN LEAVES

Today in the Hero Arts Flickr Discussion Group 90 minute challenge, we were to make a seasonal card for either autumn or spring.  Since HA's leaf stamp was still on my desk, I used it again but stamped it with a technique Julie Ebersole did the other day on The Classroom blog.  Basically, you just use drops of reinkers on a baby wipe as your ink pad.  After I stamped the leaves, I overstamped with the script and then spritzed the whole thing with pearlized water.  Since I hadn't used watercolor paper to begin with (duh!!) it really buckled - dried it with my heat gun and then ironed it on the back to flatten - worked fine.  Think I'll do some more of these this afternoon, now that I have the mess on my desk!!
After doing all that on the card, I used vellum for the sentiment - it would have been just my luck to ruin it by just stamping it on.  Also am entering this in TIMEOUT challenge for making a card inspired by Heather Telford using autumn leaves.

Supplies: Hero Arts stamps, E2252, S1832; Distress reinkers - Old Paper, Antique Linen, Milled Lavender, Peeled Paint; SU reinker - Really Rust

Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments.  Betty


11 comments:

  1. Really GORGEOUS autumn card, Betty! I love the colors on the leaves and how you over-stamped them with your script stamp! Perfect for someone with a fall birthday!

    Since you used two HA stamps, you are welcome to enter this 'Beauty' into the October a2z Challenge, if you like :) Here's the direct link:
    http://new.inlinkz.com/luwpview.php?id=452206

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning Betty, Your leaves look so artsy I can see the gorgeous shimmer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and great design - you had me smiling with ironing your paper! Love the vellum sentiment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great look. I watched the technique video but I am bummed because I don't really buy reinkers. I would like to try this though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the re-inkers either, I wonder if real watercolors would work???

      Delete
  5. Wow Betty another stunning card and what a great technique, isn't watercolouring fun! I haven't tried the ironing part yet but think I will! So pleased to see you again at TIME OUT Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tumbling leaves are so lovely, Betty ... the effect of the reinker stamping is fantastic! Ironing your card had me smiling ... what a great idea! Delighted you played along with us again at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card! Love how you did the leaves and love the script background. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has become a stunning card! Such a subtile use of green and reds! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great technique! I've totally forgotten about that and must try it some day! Beautiful result and pretty card. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, love the leaves! Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!