>

Saturday, July 26, 2014

POPPIES

I made this card for Judy's scramble on the Hero Arts discussion group.  The theme was to use pastels and a touch of black.  It will also be entered in CAS-ual Friday's tic-tac-toe challenge and I chose chevrons, black and sequins.  I used Jennifer Rzaza idea for the poppies although instead of white embossing the poppies and then watercoloring, I used a piece of paper I had previously watercolored and white embossed the poppies on that and then cut them out.  The little bit of green was added with a distress marker.  The chevron patterned paper was a scrap and the sequins are very, very, very old - from my Mom when she used to make those sequined Christmas ornaments in the 60's!
Again, a sentiment will be added when needed.

Supplies:
HA CL449 and HA white embossing powder

Thanks for visiting and your kind comments.  Betty


4 comments:

  1. Love the contrast between the dramatic black and white chevron pattern and the soft flow and colour of the flowers! So glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The watercoloring is perfect. This is beautiful!

    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty. I like the color combination a lot. Thanks for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Tic Tac Toe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!